Main Water Line Replacement in Tigard
Decades of Experience at Your Service
Replacing your main water line is one of the biggest repairs you can make to your plumbing. While it’s important to do all plumbing jobs right the first time, replacing the main water line – or even repairing it – is not something most want to revisit. With over 15 years of experience in Tigard main water line replacement and repair, the plumbing contractors at Sarkinen Plumbing are standing by to troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair or replace your main line.
We offer free estimates on our plumbing services. Call us at (503) 828-0905 today to schedule an appointment with a member of our team.
Identifying a Problem
There are a few indications that there’s a problem to the main line that most homeowners might miss.
If you notice one or more of the following signs, it’s probably time to call a professional plumber to come take a look:
- Spontaneous puddles of water outside: Puddles or pools of water springing up outside indicate a leak on (or at least affecting) your property.
- Drain strain: Water that won’t drain from toilets or sinks are also clear signs that something is amiss.
- Water usage spike: Notice a spike in last month’s water bill? You might be sitting on a leak that is going unnoticed. But the numbers don’t lie, so if you’re water usage has significantly increased without explanation, get one of us out to look at your water lines.
- Water sounds: Sloshing, bubbling, howling, or dripping. If you hear anything other than silence coming from your pipes when not in use, that might mean you’ve got a breach, or more likely a clog, somewhere along the line.
What Happens If A Broken Water Line Goes Unresolved
Depending on the home and the layout of the main line’s connection to the municipal plumbing system, excavating, extracting and replacing the primary water supply to your home is not only disruptive to your property, it also leaves your home without water at all.
If you know you’ve got a problem with your main line, leaving it alone is not an option. Here’s why:
- Interruption of service: At best, your home has no water supply. For most people, not having running water can significantly impact your life at home.
- Foundation woes: Whether it’s by procrastination or by denial, a leak left unchecked could eventually seep through your property and into your foundation. Most homeowners know that foundation troubles mean some of the costliest repairs possible for a home. Couple that with the inevitable replacement of your main water line, and you’ve suddenly got some high-dollar work needed for your property.
- Sinkholes: We may not think about it, but for the same reason a leak to the main line could weaken your foundation, it can also wreak havoc on your soil. What begins as a pool of water then bubbles to the surface, eventually softening the soil – which could lead to your own personal sinkhole.
Professional Replacement of Water Lines
If replacement hasn’t already occurred on your property, then it’s just a matter of time before it does. Ideally, this doesn’t come as much of a surprise when it does take place. However it arises, if you require main water line replacement in Tigard, Sarkinen Plumbing knows how to get the job done right the first time. If you’re unsure how you’re going to pay for it, we can even offer financing options to ease the burden. Every member of our team does work they can stand behind, which is why we offer a full guarantee on everything we do.
If you suspect or confirm that a main water line replacement on your property is on the horizon, contact Sarkinen Plumbing for a professional inspection and free quote.